Cute Polka Dotted Magenta Bow Tie Ribbon

Labels

Wednesday 22 July 2015

How To Get Silver Hair (How I went from Asian Black to Silver)

Hello, hello~ So today I have a really exciting blog post to share with you guys. For those of you who don't know I changed my hair color (again)!!! If you guys can guess what color I went from the title of this post, then yes!!! I did change my hair to silver hair. I've always wanted to have blonde hair. I'm such a blonde kind of girl! I always told my friends I was born to be blonde and that I can totally rock blonde hair, but everyone told me not to! Well truth be told I actually did have to bleach my hair 6 times to get it to the intensity of blonde I needed it to be in order for me to tone it silver. AND I ROCKED THE BLONDE HAIR.


So if you guys have always had trouble changing your hair color because of the fact that your hair was too stubborn or dark OR if you just really want to dye your hair silver please continue reading.

Another thing I would like to add on before I continue on with this post is that no matter how healthy your hair may be, bleaching is very unhealthy for the hair and for your body too. Please consider the hazards of bleaching your hair before you decide to commit to it. Also know that it is very expensive to bleach your hair and tone it, and maintain and take care of it. You'll need lots of products and lots of treatments to make sure your hair isn't completely destroyed and fried. I would also really not recommend using drug store bleach/dye boxes because those boxes are REALLY damaging and the color pay off really is not nice at all.

NOW LET'S START!



I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and I went to buy all of the products I needed to bleach it. I purchased...

- Salon Care 30 Developer
- L'Oreal Quick Blue Hair Bleach (1 pound)

-2 Wella Color Charm in T14
-4 Wella Color Charm in T18
-2 Wella Color Charm in T050

After the fourth time I bleached my hair I noticed I didn't have any developer or bleach left so i had to run to Sally's again

-Prism Lites Bleach (1 Pound)
-Salon Care Developer 20
-Salon Care Developer 30

Now for Maintenance Purposes I purchased
-The Coconut Oil Deep Treatment Mask
-Ion Cool Blonde Shampoo
-Ion Cool Blonde Conditioner
-Fanciful Temporary Color Rinse #42
-Fanciful Temporary Color Rinse #52

So as soon as I got home I got straight to work. I used a 1:2 ratio of my bleach to my 30 cream developer. I used 8 scoops to cover my whole head because I HAVE A LOT OF HAIR. My hair is super thick, and long and dark so if you have similar hair as mine I strongly advise you buy a tub of bleach as well. I applied it all over my hair and after 45 minutes I washed it out. The results? The most disgusting bright orange hair color. But it's important to know that if you have black/brown hair this step is inevitable. It is a step you must go through and bear with.


 So I let my hair rest for a day and I decided to bleach it again the next day. And shocking enough after I bleached my hair it came out softer than what my hair was like before....? Seriously! I don't know how it happened but when I was rinsing the bleach out of my hair my hair felt so smooth and soft. I thought "Maybe this is just a short term effect" but it was very interesting.. I also used my coconut conditioner to condition my hair as well. This time my hair was definitely less orange, but still orange.
To help get rid of the brassiness I used wella 18 toner. Unfortunately the finish was very uneven.

So the next day I bleached my hair again... yes don't stab me! I used my Wella T18 toner in hopes that it would take out the brassiness of my hair. The results were unsatisfactory,,, I really recommend that if you're going to use a toner, make sure that your hair is pale enough to lighten! So after toning it my hair came out more yellowy but the only part was that my hair was extremely uneven! It was orange, and yellow, silver and black! I wanted to just cry at this point and just go back to my old hair color because I felt like all this effort just was not worth my time, health or money. Even the girl at Sally's was telling me to just go to a hair stylist a this point, BUT I DID NOT WASTE A GOOD 300$ ON DIY PRODUCTS SO I COULD GO TO A STYLIST NOW DID I? So being the stubborn brick wall I was I decided I needed to buy more bleach, developer, toner (atleast 30 bottles) and lots more hair treatments.



So for each time I bleached my hair I decided to tone it (and yes at this point my hair was abused and dead). After the fifth time or so I bleached my hair I used my Wella t18 toner with my Wella t050 additive, which is suppose to make your hair silver/grey. The first time I used this combination my hair still was a bit too yellow so by adding the grey/silver it made my hair have a slight green tinge to it.



 

yeah my hair was uneven.... 





Finally after the 6th bleaching and toning session I finally got the nice silver hair!!!







Something I would really just like to inform my readers about having silver hair is that it is EXTREMELY hard to maintain. The intensity of the silver will wash out within 2 washes or so and it will start to turn yellow really quick. The sun will also make the hair more brassy and yellow as well, so you're bound to have super pale skin to nicelyvcompliment your silver hair (lol). I really recommend only washing your hair up to 3 times a week. No more than 3 times because it will dry your hair out and it will feel like straw. Also because it will get rid of the silver in your hair.

As for the current condition of my hair, it is very damaged around the ends. I had to chop off a good 6 inches of my hair because it was too brittle. My hair around my ends are still very brittle but their manageable, I feel like it looks a lot more damaged than it is because I always sleep with my hair wet and that just makes it look very frizzy and unhealthy. When it comes to bleaching your hair you really have to make a sacrifice between length or color. You just have to decide which one matters to you most! For me, luckily my hair is still pretty long. People ask me if I wear extensions because it looks thick and long but that's just because I have a very hairy family tree LOL. Atleast that's what I can guess by looking at my dad and his side of the family.

So before you decide to do any sort of bleaching to your hair please be careful about it. It is a process and it takes a lot of patience and money. I can guarantee you by doing this to my hair myself I spend over 600$. If I went to a salon it would probably cost more than 1000$. So... do your research and be smart about your decisions!

If you guys have any questions please let me know through the comment box below. Don't be afraid to share, like, and subscribe to me as well~! I don't bite!

And just a before picture for reference ♡
I kind of miss having black hair xD


1 comment:

  1. bleaching your hair six times do you get skin burn?

    ReplyDelete